It’s our job to get your cargo from Point A to Point B safely. It is your job to make sure your shipment is packed for stability, strength, and to minimize movement. Here are a few tips:
- Use quality packing materials and use enough to ensure complete protection.
- Pack your product securely in each box – fill any space with packing material and leave no air. Tape each box closed.
- Stack boxes evenly on each pallet. Load heavier boxes on the bottom and make sure boxed do not overhang the pallet.
- Slide flat cardboard between rows to stabilize the structure.
- Secure entire load - shrink wrap perimeter securely, the more, the better.
The better you pack, the more likely your freight will arrive in excellent, undamaged condition.
Anything less than 100 lbs. should be delivered via parcel post. Freight shipping is typically reserved for cargo over 100 lbs. and/or a minimum of one pallet of product.
Shipping your household items, from refrigerators to boxed items, is easy and routine. If your order meets our freight shipping requirements, your household freight can be shipped as easily as any.
- Does it meet our weight requirements for freight shipping?
- Can it be boxed and loaded on pallets or otherwise packaged for secure shipment?
- Is the pick-up location accessible by tractor-trailers? Or can you transport it to a location that is accessible by a tractor-trailer?
Give us a call to discuss your specific questions.
Some goods need refrigeration to maintain quality – foods, produce, flowers, etc. Temperature control shipping is available on almost every route.