Types of Shipments That Could Benefit the Most From FTL (Full Truckload Shipping)
Just about any freight shipment can benefit from FTL services, but the most common ones include commodities such as:
- Farming and/or construction equipment: tractors, combines, cranes, excavators, etc.
- Grains: wheat, oats, etc.
- Gravel and crushed stone
- Crude Oil
As you can see, the list above includes mostly items that can only be shipped FTL such as gasoline and crude oil which are transported by tanker. Another common example is coal and sand which is impractical to ship through any other services besides FTL due to weight and quantity requirements.
But there are some types of shipments that are typically shipped LTL that could greatly benefit from being switched to FTL. (Basically, just because you normally ship LTL doesn’t mean it’s the best way!) So changing to FTL, a full truckload service, for the following types of freight may be beneficial to your bottom line:
- Household Appliances (washers, dryers, refrigerators, etc.) - A full truckload may be safer and less expensive then LTL.
- Furniture - Fully assembled furniture is more easily damaged in LTL.
- Glassware/China - FTL would save money from damages because it’s easier to make sure they are properly packaged.
You, the business owner, have particular shipping needs. We’re here to help you determine what freight shipping services you need most and the best way to ship your goods.
Call Scott’s Freight Shipping for expert advice: 606-669-4402
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.